35-Min Pantheon Audio Guide Tour
- Dig into the fascinating history of the Pantheon on an exciting 35-minute audio guide tour.
- Tour the legendary temple and mausoleum of the Pantheon.
- Admire the structure's amazing architectural features, like the massive domed rotunda and the portico with granite columns.
The Pantheon derives its name from Greek and translates to "all the Gods" (pan = all, theos = God). The building, in fact, was dedicated to all of them and has stood as a testament to the glory of Rome for over 2,000 years. It was built by Emperor Hadrian on the site of an earlier temple commissioned by Marcus Agrippa during the reign of Augustus.
With this ticket, you can collect your audio guide at the desk inside the Pantheon, and start learning about its fascinating history on your own tour. The 35-minute audio guide will help you unravel the history of the monument, and you'll be able to find out how it came to be used as a church and a mausoleum. You'll also get to learn about the Pantheon's extraordinary architectural features such as the oculus of the huge dome.
Remember to bring your own smartphone headphones (no Bluetooth, no wireless), otherwise, you can buy them at the audioguide desk of the Pantheon.
Know Before You Go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Always wear a mask during the visit;
- Maintain an interpersonal distance of at least 1.50 m, unless they are family members;
- Sanitize your hands frequently using the special alcohol-based disinfectants from the distributors.
- Your body temperature will be measured before entering the monument. If the recorded temperature is equal to or greater than 37.5 ° C, entry will not be allowed.
- Admission is allowed to one person at a time.
- Due to anti-COVID regulations, entry to the monument may take longer. It is recommended that you arrive well in advance of the booking time.
- Entry into the Pantheon is free.
- This experience is wheelchair and pram/stroller-accessible.
- Baggage is allowed.
Make sure to dress appropriately (no shorts, vests, or sleeveless tops).
We recommend arriving earlier than the booking time as it takes a long time to check the green passes at the entrance to the monument (even more than 1 hour of waiting). However, the time on the ticket is not binding and therefore the audio guide can be collected within the following operating hours:
- Mon-Fri: 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Sat: 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Sun: 12pm to 6pm
Audio Guide Languages
English, Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Portuguese, and Russian.
Piazza della Rotonda, -, Rome, 00186, Italy