Alnwick Castle day trip from Edinburgh
Leave the capital behind and prepare to spend the day exploring the best parts of the Scottish Borders and Northumberland. Your first stop will be the picturesque seaside town of Bamburgh where you can marvel at its castle and take in the sea views before heading on to the real star of the show, Alnwick Castle. You might recognise this castle as the backdrop of Harry Potter and Downton Abbey but this historic location also has a rich history and heritage waiting to be discovered. You're sure to feel like you're stepping back in time (or on to the big screen)! After spending some time in Alnwick, you'll hear all about the border's turbulent history as you make your way back to Scotland.
- Soak up the Harry Potter movie magic at Alnwick Castle
- Discover the seaside village of Bamburgh and its spectacular castle
- Explore the Scottish Borders and Northumberland on this fascinating day trip
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old cannot take part in the tour and anyone under 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the tour's departure time
- Bring your passport or a valid ID card
- Scottish Castles - With thick walls of stone and tall tower turrets, the castles of Scotland have guarded the Highlands for centuries. Many were built for defense, helping kings and dukes establish their rule over the land, while others were lavish country homes, built more for style than practical defense. Several castles have seen bloody battles and turned the tides in epic wars.
- Entry or admission fees
- Local Scottish guide
- Souvenir map
- Audio guides
- Please meet your tour at the Highand Explorer Tours office on the Royal Mile.
- Please check the calendar to find this tour's availability
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom