Audioguided visit of Fontainebleau and Vaux le Vicomte
Discover two of the most beautiful castles in the Paris region. You will visit the castle of Vaux le Vicomte and the palace of Fontainebleau with your audioguide.
Your tour starts with the visit of Vaux the Vicomte, a masterpiece of mid-17th Century classical architecture. The château and its grounds were created by three talented artists: André Le Nôtre, Louis Le Vau, and Charles Le Brun. The commentaries offer you an experience with 3D sound that gives your visit to the castle a whole new dimension. End the tour at the dome of Vaux le Vicomte to contemplate the superb view over the castle park and take time to stroll in the splendid French garden.
You'll have some free time to have lunch on the lawns or at the restaurant on the site of Vaux le Vicomte.
After lunch, you'll head to Fontainebleau (45-minute ride), the only royal and imperial château to have been continuously inhabited for seven centuries. Follow your audio guide and explore the richly furnished château, its unique collections, and key pieces such as the throne of Napoleon I and the famous horseshoe-shaped staircase. After the tour, explore the huge grounds surrounding the château, as well as its three picturesque gardens.
You'll leave Fontainebleau at 5.00 pm and be back in Paris around 6.15 pm.
- Explore the royal château in the heart of the forest of Fontainebleau
- Kids costumes included for a funny visit
- Visits of two castles in the Paris region with total autonomy
- Audio-guided visit in 3D sound or immersive tour with sound effects in Vaux le Vicomte
- Rental of costumes for children are to be collected at the entrance of Vaux le Vicomte castle
- Access to the dome of the castle is reserved for people over 1m35
- Audioguide available English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian and Korean
- Château de Fontainebleau - Located an hour ride from Paris, the Château de Fontainebleau was the residence of French monarchs from Louis VII through Napoleon III. Napoleon I abdicated his throne there before being exiled to Elba. The medieval castle and later château is now a national museum and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte - France’s Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is a beautiful castle that can be found in the small town of Mainsy, just 55 kilometers south-east of Paris. It was first a small Château purchased by Nicolas Fouquet in 1641. He was a great patron on the arts and later became King Louis XIV’s minister of finances in 1653 and remained minister until 1661.
- Trips from Paris - Majestic castles, curated parks, medieval fortifications, famous vineyards and entertainment for children and adults. If your holiday in Paris is long enough, take your time to discover its fascinating surroundings, escaping the hustle and bustle of the metropolis to relax amid the breathtaking scenery. A must-see is undoubtedly the Palace of Versailles.
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Audio guide tour of the château at Vaux le Vicomte and a visit to the formal gardens
- Audio guide tour of the château at Fontainebleau
- Admission to both châteaux
- Costumes rental for kids
- Meet your representative 20 minutes before departure straight Across the Bercy Village. They will be holding a Paris City Vision sign for easy recognition.
- Please check the calendar to see the updated availabilities
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.