Avebury and Stonehenge day tour from London
Leave London behind as you head to the magnificent and mysterious prehistoric monuments of Stonehenge and Avebury.
On this tour, your first stop is the tiny village of Avebury where you'll enjoy a guided walking tour before having some free time to explore the village and its stone circles at your own pace. You could even head to the Red Lion Pub which is said to be haunted and put a spooky twist on your day!
You'll then head to West Kennet Long Barrow, a large Neolithic burial tomb over 5000 years old, and Silbury Hill, the tallest prehistoric man-made mound in Europe which is still shrouded in mystery.
Your day will end with a visit to the famous and well-preserved stone circle of Stonehenge where you can explore the site freely.
- Stonehenge - Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument in Wiltshire, England and is one of the most famous landmarks in the United Kingdom. It consists of a ring of standing stones, each around 13 feet high and seven feet wide. Archaeologists believe it was constructed from 3000 BC to 2000 BC but there are no written records, and historians have never agreed how or why it was built.
- Spend the day exploring one of the UK's most famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Explore the quintessentially English village of Avebury
- Check out the prehistoric Stonehenge
- Please bring headphones with you and download the free Stonehenge audio app on your phone for the day of the tour so you can follow it when looking around the site
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour start time
- Face masks are required to be worn on the coach
- Please be aware that this tour is not suitable for wheelchair users
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Entrance to Stonehenge
- Guided walking tour
- Opposite the Warwick Road exit of Earl's Court Station.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
London, United Kingdom