Avila with Walls Acces and Segovia Day Trip
Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Ávila aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches.
Our first stop for the day will be at the city of Ávila, one of the best preserved fortifications in Spain. Follow your guide on a walking tour of the Old Town to discover the impressive history of this city. See Romanesque style churches, Gothic palaces and a fortified cathedral of the Middle Ages. Visit the Walls of Ávila and imagine the stories they have seen through the centuries. Marvel at the fortification and towers, which have granted the city a World Heritage Site status by UNESCO.
Meet your guide again at the designated time to continue the tour to Segovia. If you decided to include the option, it is now time to relish on a wonderful gastronomic menu for lunch. Those of you who did not add the option to your bookings, will have 1 hour and a half of free time for lunch. Take advantage of this time and see the most important roman civil construction in the Peninsula, the Aqueduct of Segovia.
Meet your guide again in front of the Cathedral for an exterior visit of the same. Walk through the old Jewish quarter of the city following your guide towards the Alcazar of Segovia. Enjoy a guided visit of the site and marvel at this spectacular fortification. Did you know its architecture served as inspiration in some Walt Disney films? Can you tell us which?
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- The Walls of Ávila surround the historic downtown. This city’s defensive element is the most distinguished Ávila’s symbol.
- The Cathedral of Salvador de Ávila was built following the Romanesque and Gothic style. Its apse is one of the walls cubes shaped towers.
- The Roman aqueduct is Segovia’s postcard par excellence. The double arches supported by pillars are majestically located to attract the city’s visitors.
- The Alcázar fills with magic Segovia’s profile. The castle and the gardens are essential spots to imagine how the Royal life was in the city.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Local official guide.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Radio guide system.
- Admission to the Alcazar of Segovia
- Admission to the Walls of Ávila.
- * This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain in Madrid city center. Please refer to your documentation for more information.
* It will not be necessary to print the voucher
- * Summer Season (April < October) this tour runs monolingual English and Spanish. Winter Season (November > March) runs bilingual: English and Spanish. note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire. * The duration of the tour includes transportation. * Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons
- * This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de España.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Any person failing to appear at the established time will not be refunded
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.