Best of Tuscany in One Day from Rome with 3-Course Lunch and Wine Pairing
- Have your fill of history, ancient religion and architecture while enjoying the sights and sounds of Tuscany
- Enjoy a walking tour of Montepulciano with your expert guide regaling you with the town's history
- Travel in a private coach to and from Rome with a small group of 25 people or less, making this a truly intimate experience
- Sample some spectacular Brunello wine and a 3 course meal in Tuscany
- Explore the handicrafts made by the local artisans and return home with shopping bags full
Once you board your comfortable air-conditioned coach along with your professional tour leader at the meeting point, you will depart for the gorgeous region of Tuscany. Gaze in wonder at the rolling hills, sprawling fields and the picture-perfect towns that will dot your route to the ancient hill town of Montepulciano. Meet up with an expert guide who is well acquainted with the area and embark on a walking tour of the town. The town is peppered with ruins that pre-date Rome itself, as well as town squares, and narrow roads, making it quite the picturesque setting, calling to mind all that is synonymous with Italy. You will even get to visit an ancient wine cellar here, miraculously still in operation before you reboard the bus and continue on to the Sant'Antimo Abbey.
The Abbey, apart from being an architectural masterpiece, is located in a beautiful valley, and one can't help but feel serene during a visit here, especially as you hear the sounds of ancient, Gregorian chants from the occupants of the Abbey, echoing through the stone walls as you explore. After your visit, travel to a nearby farmhouse surrounded by vineyards for a three-course traditional Italian lunch, along with a tasting of five wines typical of the region, including the famed Brunello di Montalcino. Our local guide will make you feel quite at home, walking you through the history of the area and the provenance of the wines.
Though you can buy some wine as a souvenir after lunch, we suggest you hold off until you reach the next stop, the town of Pienza, renowned for its local crafts and culinary delights. Your tour leader will be happy to give you some pointers about the best places to explore and shop before giving you a full 45 minutes to explore this Renaissance town. Feel free to pick up local specialties like balsamic vinegar, pecorino cheese, and wines, or head to one of the numerous artisan shops to pick up a keepsake. Having shopped to your heart's content, relax as you head back to Rome after you sun-drenched Tuscan adventure!
Know Before You Go
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
This tour is available from Monday through Saturday and begins at 7:30 AM. The duration of this tour is 12 hours.
Piazza del Popolo 00187 Roma RM Italy, Roma, 00187, Italy