Birdoswald Roman Fort Ticket
- At Birdoswald Roman Fort, uncover remains of the Hadrian's Wall's features.
- Take the Roman Trail through the sight and gasp at the serene natural surroundings.
- Gaze out at river Irthing and drink in views of the gorge it opens into.
- Discover 1,800 years worth of history, ruins of the Roman Fort, and turret.
- At the visitor center, delve into the history of the Wall even further with a dedicated exhibition to check out.
Journey back to life on the frontier and learn the tale of power and ambition in the Roman Empire here. Your Hadrian's Wall excursion begins at Birdoswald Roman Fort, where remains of the Wall's defining features can still be made out. Set on a ridge above river Irthing, you are promised striking views of the gorge it opens into.
Gaze out at the crags of the Whin Sill, where traces of Hadrian's Wall can be seen contouring the dramatic landscape. Standing here, you'll discover 1,800 years of history as the longest remains of the Wall stretches out as far as the eye can see. Explore the ruins of the Roman fort, milecastle and turret.
At the visitor center, check out the exhibition and dive into the tale of the most famous Roman frontier. Discover how the Wall was constructed along with intriguing Roman artifacts, peer through a periscope and find out the original height of Hadrian's Wall!
- Admission into Birdoswald Roman Fort
- Guided tour
- Hotel transfers
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets at the main entrance of the attraction: Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall.
- Address: Gilsland, Hadrian's Wall Path, Brampton CA8 7DD, United Kingdom.
- The closest bus stop is Visitor Centre, which is right in front of the attraction.
- Bus BR3 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Know Before You Go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
The grounds of Birdoswald Roman fort are open. Takeaway catering is available. Our shop is open but all other indoor areas remain closed, and safety measures are in place to keep everyone safe. Please keep in mind the government’s latest advice on traveling:
- Site and fort - All outdoor spaces will be open as usual and access to the wider stretches of Hadrian's Wall is also as usual.
- Museum - The museum will remain closed.
- Café - Takeaway food and drink will be available. Card payments preferred.
- Shop - The shop is open.
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual.
Parking is located approximately 200 meters from the site with room for over 50 cars. Parking charges apply.
- Infants aged 4 and under go free. Children aged 5-17, students with valid NUS cards, senior citizens aged 65 and up, and families enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry valid photo IDs)
- One ticket valid for the entry of 1/2 adults & up to 3 Children.
Birdoswald Roman Fort, Gilsland, Hadrians Wall Path,, Brampton, United Kingdom