City Sightseeing: Hop On Hop Off Bus with Optional Cruise & Night Tour
- Discover Budapest across two routes with over 22 stops on a bus departing every 20 - 30 minutes
- Get to know the city at your own pace by hopping on and off at any one of the stops along the way
- The bus ticket also entitles you to eye-catchy discounts, a bonus walking tour, and a free bike tour
- Allow the fleeting panorama of Budapest’s treasured sights unfold before your eyes from the open-air decks
- Cover key attractions such as Castle Garden, Parliament, St. Stephen’s Basilica, Heroes' Square, and more
- Lend an ear to the audio guide on board and pick up interesting quirks on Budapest’s dramatic history
- Combine your bus ticket with either a relaxing cruise along Danube River or an illuminated night tour or both
- Click here for detailed route map and boarding points
Why You Should Get On Board
With routes mapped out in such a way that they pass key places of interest, a hop-on-hop-off bus tour is ideal if you’re looking to burrow your way into Budapest's turbulent heart. Simply hop on and off at any one of the centrally located stops to dig your way in deeper. In addition to being hassle-free, a bus tour will also be light on the pocket, ensuring you gain much more than you spend.
The ticket includes an optional cruise along river Danube as well as a night tour offering a wholly different perspective. Nicknamed the ‘Pearl of Danube,’ the river slices through the city, dividing it into Buda and Pest. Cross over the monumental Chain Bridge to the Buda side and visit the Fisherman’s Bastion which offers breathtaking views over Pest. At night, Budapest takes on an appeal that is a combination of time, theater, and beauty. Witness the sheer size of the aesthetic building of the Hungarian Parliament, take the waters to some of Budapest’s best thermal healing baths, pop into a ruin pub, explore the historic Jewish quarter, try the famous goulash, and more, all with your extensive hop-on-hop-off tour.
- 24/48/72hrs hop-on-hop-off bus pass
- Audioguide in 16 languages
- Discount booklet
- Free walking tour & bike tour
- Boat cruise (optional)
- Night tour (optional)
- Entry into attractions
- Additional gratuities
No printout required! Just show your mobile voucher to the driver and collect your bus ticket.
The cruise departs from Március 15 Square, dock no. 10 (under Elisabeth Bridge).
- The tour departs from St. Stephen's Basilica (bus stop 1, red route).
- Please note that this is not a hop-on-hop-off tour.
This ticket is valid for 12 months from the date selected at checkout.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Know Before You Go
Audio Guide Languages
English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Finnish, Arabic, Greek, Turkish, Hungarian
- Frequency: Every 20min
- First bus is at 9am from St. Stephen’s Basilica and the last bus is at 6pm
- Tour Duration: 140min
St. Stephen's Basilica | Chain Bridge (Pest) | Március 15. Square | Great Market Hall | Kálvin Square | Anker Lane | Andrássy Avenue | Hungarian State Opera House | Liszt Ferenc Square | Heroes' Square | Keleti Railway Station | New York Palace | Astoria | Parisi Udvar / Hyatt | Citadel | Castle Garden | Funicular / Sikló | Batthyány Square | Margaret Bridge (Buda) | WestEnd Shopping Centre | Parliament
Bonus Walking Tour
- Pass By: St. Stephen’s Basilica, Liberty Square, Parliament, Shoes on the Danube
- Timings & Availability: Daily at 12pm and 5:30pm
- Duration: 1hr
- Departure: Stop #1, red route - St. Stephen’s Basilica
- End Point: Stop #2, red route - Chain Bridge on the Pest side
- Includes: Concise English explanation by knowledgeable local
Free Bike Tour
- From: Stop #16, red route - Várkert Bazár
- Timings & Availability: Mon-Sun from 10am to 5pm
- Note: A photo ID and cash deposits will be required for the rental.
- Pass By: Margaret Bridge, Budavári Sikló, Batthyany Square
- Frequency: Every 90min
- First boat at 1pm from Március 15 Square, dock no. 10 and the last boat is at 6:30pm
- Tour Duration: 60min
- Note: A minimum of 10 passengers is required for the boat cruise.
- Meeting Point: St. Stephen's Basilica (bus stop #1, red route)
- Duration: 110min
- Note: This is not a hop-on-hop-off tour. It is currently unavailable.
Infants aged 5 and under do not require tickets. Children aged 6-17 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets (carry a valid photo ID).