Guided Tour of St. Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace + The Royal Palaces
- Waltz into the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica with your priority access tickets, allowing you to skip the infamous queues.
- Enjoy a guided tour with our exemplary guide narrating interesting facts, important fragments of history and gripping tales.
- Explore other museums around St Mark's square( Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) with the same ticket.
- Benefit from a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square.
Plunge Into the Political History of Venice at the Doge's Palace
With this tour, you will get to visit two of the most emblematic attractions of Venice; St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace with priority access and a tour guide. The Doge's Palace is located in St Mark's Square and is one of the most fascinating and culturally rich monuments in Venice. Having been the seat of political and administrative power of the Venice Republic from its birth to its end, the Palazzo Ducale is a statement to the splendor of Venice. While you are here, devout all your attention to your guide as the halls and corridors of this building carry stories that will enthrall you no bound.
Explore the Opulent St. Mark's Basilica
After the palace, walk into Venice’s most majestic cathedral; St Mark’s Basilica. Lay your eyes on masterpieces of Byzantine art, colorful marble installations and shimmering gold mosaic art. Squinting your eyes when you enter the Basilica is only natural, thanks to the shimmering mosaics made with 24-carat gold leaves fused onto the back of the glass to exhibit divine light. Your tour guide is likely to conduct a session wherein you sit comfortably in a certain part of the church and he explains the biblical importance and peculiarities of this ancient basilica. Watch out for tales you may never have heard of before!
Your guided tour includes a visit to the Terrace with copies of the famous horses and to St. Mark's Museum, where objects from the Basilica (including the quadriga of St. Mark's) will come into the picture. The tour starts from the ground floor to see the gold mosaics (the Basilica has 43,000 square feet of mosaic alone!), in a second time the visit continues on the first floor.
On feast days and unplanned religious celebrations, the tour foresees the visit with direct access to the Terrace and to St. Mark's Museum situated on the first floor. Due to the Holy Mass taking place on the ground floor, it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
Enjoy Added Benefits Like Museum Access and a free optional Glassblowing Demonstration
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day. This ticket also gives you access to a few other places of importance (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) around St Mark’s Square which you can set out to explore on your own. Note: All Museums restrict entry one hour before closing time.
This tour, great for Venice first-timers, is the best way to get the most out of your time and money. For only 55 EUR, you will get to visit several attractions and gain priority access to two of Venice's most iconic attractions, along with well-versed guides to accompany you.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you in a short while.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.
Super Flexible Cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- Note: From August 6, 2021, onwards, all sites that we visit in Italy will require guests and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (completed within 48 hours) prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. You can read more about it on the Italian Government website. If you have any questions regarding your tour, please reach out to us prior to your schedule, and we can help answer any questions you may have.
The tour departs at 10:45 AM and lasts for 2 hours, not counting the complimentary glass demonstration. Please report to the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
from April to October on Monday to Saturday:
- English, German, Spanish, Italian and French every day.
From November 2nd, to March 31st on Monday to Saturday:
- English: Monday and Saturday.
- German: Monday and Friday.
- French: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Spanish: Wednesday and Saturday.
On Sunday, the visit will be done from the first floor of the Basilica with the visit to the terrace and the Saint mark’s Museum
This tour does not operate on the following dates:
- Sunday, August 15th
- November 1st
- December 8th and 25th
- January 1st and 6th
- February 24th
- April 18th and 25th
- Days of unplanned religious celebration or in case of exceptionally high tides.
The Basilica is a place of worship, hence, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
St. Mark's Square Clock Tower, Clock Tower near exchange office, Venezia, 30124, Italy