Mount Teide Sunset & Stars Observation Tour
- Enjoy Mount Teide by night: surrounded by mountain ranges, craters, and other lunar wonders!
- This night tour includes expert tour guides, starlight guides, round-trip hotel transfers, and more.
- Board the Teide cable car and soar 3,555 meters above the ground.
- Take in views of Teide's shadow over Gran Canaria, the trail to Pico Viejo's viewpoint, and more.
- Grand views of surrounding islands (La Gomera, El Hierro, and La Palma) will grace your view.
- At nightfall, gaze up into the starry canvas and gasp at the many recognizable constellations.
- With the use of professional telescopes and guidance from starlight guides, you'll learn plenty.
Behold the stunning Teide National Park and its colorful palette at sunset and nightfall! This Mount Teide night excursion gives you the stargazing experience of your lifetime. Get picked up from your hotels and make your way to the famous Mount Teide, in the company of an expert tour guide. You'll deboard at the Teide Cable Car and take to the skies: ascend 3,555 meters above ground level and gaze out into the horizon. Catch views of Teide’s shadow cast over the island of Gran Canaria, and Spain’s highest sunset from the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint! Views of neighboring islands, like La Gomera, El Hierro, and La Palma will be visible as well!
After the sun sets, you'll have some free time to eat. After your meal, look up to the sky and watch the starry canvas slowly fill up with twinkling stars. Your starlight guides will unravel the mysteries of the sky over Mount Teide here, where you can easily spot 83 out of 88 of the officially-recognized constellations. Observe the sky with the unaided eye, as well as with the use of professional telescopes. Needless to say, this is one of the best starry skies you'll ever see in the world, so don't miss out on it!
- A drink to toast with
- Visit of the Teide Observatory
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID while boarding.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- In the next step of your booking, please indicate which hotel you are staying at and we will send you an e-mail with the pick-up point and time.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule.
Know Before You Go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- Pick Up in the North
- Pick Up in the South
- The authorization to get to the peak of the mount is not included. Guests must ask for this authorization before the visit at the National Park Official Website.
- This complete Sunset and Stars - Mount Teide by Night Tour includes a 40-minute walk both ways of medium-low difficulty, therefore you must be in good physical shape.
- If the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint is closed due to ice or snow on the day of your Mount Teide by night excursion, you can skip the walk to Pico Viejo and still enjoy the beautiful Teide sunset from La Rambla.
- If the weather conditions prevent or hinder proper visibility of the sky on the day of your Mount Teide by night excursion, our guides will use audiovisual equipment to give a virtual tour of the night sky, the constellations, and prominent objects.
- The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces.
- When making your reservation, please indicate which hotel you are staying at and we will send you an e-mail with the pick-up point and time.
- This tour is not suitable for visitors with physical disabilities or motor impairments.
- Children under 8 are not allowed to participate in this Mount Teide by night excursion.
- Since the Sunset and Stars - Mount Teide by Night excursion includes a cable car ride, people with heart problems and pregnant women are not allowed to participate in it due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
- People with health problems should consult with their doctors before taking the Sunset and Stars - Mount Teide by Night Tour.
- In accordance with current regulations, persons with any physical disability or motor impairment are not permitted to make the ascent by cable car, because of the potential risks if the vehicle has to be evacuated.
- It is essential to bear in mind that in the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.
Night Tour Recommendations
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing and proper footwear.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- Children aged 6-13yrs and EU citizens enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
Tour starts and ends in your hotel, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 38300, Spain