Prado Museum Guided Tour
- Wander through the many galleries of exhibits in the Prado Museum with your expert guide, and discover the vast collection of artworks housed within its walls.
- Learn more about the paintings and frescoes made by the Spanish Masters, such as Goya, Velasquez, El Greco, and Caravaggio with facts, anecdotes, and commentary from your guide.
- Catch a glimpse of Las Meninas, Velasquez’s magnum opus and a true masterpiece of Spanish Art, as well as the largest collection of Goya’s paintings in one place.
What to Expect
Find out all there is to know about Spanish art with this guided tour through the Prado Museum in Madrid. Founded in 1819 as a museum of art and sculpture, the Prado is considered one of the greatest museums of art in both Spain and the world. It boasts of vast collections of artworks, with more than 1300 works on display in the main buildings. Walk around and view some of these stunning works, while you are regaled with insightful facts and anecdotes by your expert guide, and learn to look at the exhibits through the eyes of some of the greatest Spanish painters throughout history.
Along the way, you can admire and learn about works of art by Francisco de Goya, Diego Velázquez, El Greco, Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Caravaggio, Juan de Flandes, among others, that are on display, as well as learn more about Spanish art history and tradition. Many other collections of great historical and artistic importance are also preserved in the palace, including the largest collection of paintings by Italian masters outside of Italy, acquired courtesy of Velasquez’s keen eye and sensibility, a near-complete catalog of Goya’s masterworks, and the Las Meninas, Velasquez’s masterpiece and possibly the most important painting in Spanish Art history. A real treat for art and history lovers, a tour through the Prado Museum is sure to change the way you view the world.
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Food or drinks
How to Redeem your Tickets
You will receive an email with your Prado Museum Guided tour mobile voucher. No need to print. Please display the same to your guide and security and head inside directly.
The meeting point is at the Goya statue, Philip IV Street, 28014, Madrid, Spain.
By bus: Lines 10, 14 and 27 ply to the nearest bus stop, Neptuno.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
These tickets can be canceled for a full refund up to 24 hours before the date of visit.
Know Before You Go
Timings and Availability
The tour starts at 10:15 AM every day and lasts for 2 hours, approximately. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the starting time of the tour.
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in both English and Spanish.
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 2 hours, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
This experience is accessible by wheelchair.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children aged 3-6 are eligible for reduced prices. Please select "Child" option on the last page.
- Infants aged 0-2 can visit for free
Goya statue, Felipe IV Street, 28014, Madrid, Spain