Toledo & Segovia Guided Tour from Madrid
- Travel from Madrid to Toledo and Segovia in a comfortable bus, and enjoy rich panoramic views along the journey.
- Your expert local guide can describe all the attractions on this tour in either English or Spanish.
- Explore the stately churches, mansions, and synagogues of Toledo as you walk on the paved alleyways.
- Take panoramic photos from the Mirador del Valle and visit a traditional Damascene workshop.
- At Segovia, see the 2000-year-old Roman aqueduct, the Alcazar de Segovia and the Gothic Cathedral of Santa Maria in Segovia.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Toledo was one of the few cities in Europe that was thoroughly influenced by three different religions during the Medieval period. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism have all played a vital role in the cultural development of the city. The jurisdiction of Toledo passed from the Holy Roman Emperor, Charles V, to the Visigothic rule after the fall of Rome, the Arabs between 700 and 1085 AD, and finally, the Christian rulers led by Alfonso VI after the Reconquista. Magnificent buildings like the Museum of Santa Cruz and the Puerta del Sol constructed by the legendary Knights Hospitaller adorn every corner of the city.
Segovia is named after the medieval Alcazar (Moorish castle) located in the city. It is one of Spain’s most iconic castles due to its fascinating shape and architecture. It has served as a state prison, a royal palace, and a military academy in different eras since it was built. Today, it is one of the country’s most prominent museums. The city also has a Roman aqueduct and one of the last Gothic cathedrals to be built on the continent. This tour will take you through all of these exquisite sights and ensure that you have a thoroughly informative and enjoyable experience.
Take the bus from Madrid to Toledo after verifying your voucher at the meeting point. Stepping into Toledo is an exhilarating experience that feels like a trip through a time portal. Elegant Gothic and Renaissance buildings line the narrow streets of the city. The Toledo Cathedral and the Alcazar of Toledo are two of the most popular attractions here. Your journey here begins with a stunning view of the city at the Mirador del Valle, a perfect opportunity to snap a panoramic photo. Step into the old district of Toledo, and follow your guide through the historical Jewish quarter. Next, visit a traditional Damascene workshop to see swords made exclusively for the Lord of the Ring movies and Game of Thrones.
You will then travel to the city of Segovia. Learn more about the 2000-year-old Roman Aqueduct as you begin your guided tour of the city. Visit the Segovia Cathedral, a Gothic-style cathedral in the Plaza Mayor that was built in the mid-sixteenth century. The Vitraux of the Virgin Mary located inside the cathedral is a glorious sight. Before you head back to Madrid, you will see the Alcazar of Segovia, one of Spain's most famous castles from the 12th century. The Herrera courtyard which consists of a moat, a keep, and a drawbridge is very interestingly designed. After an informative and engaging 11-hour tour, you will return to Madrid in your comfortable bus.
- Tickets to the cathedral of Toledo
You will receive an email confirmation along with a voucher instantly. Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- Meet your tour guide at Plaza Las Ventas, corner Street Alcalá with Street Julio Camba. Exit Metro Ventas.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest bus station is Ventas: Bus #21, #38, #106, #110, #146 will stop here.
- The nearest subway station is Ventas: Lines 2 and 5 stop here every few minutes.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Know Before You Go
- Make sure to check the meeting point based on the date and time.
- It is important to check the weather before you leave. Wear comfortable clothing according to the weather.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, however, the streets of Toledo are narrow and paved. People with mobility impairments may have difficulties accessing some parts of the city.
- Mirador del Valle viewpoint
- Arrival at Toledo
- San Martín Bridge
- Walking tour starts at Jewish Quarter
- Damascene Workshop
- Free time stating at Plaza Zocodover
- See the Cathedral
- Arrival at Segovia
- Free time to have lunch
- Walking tour of Segovia
- Visit the Segovia Alcazar
- Departure back to Madrid
Daily at 7:45 AM
December 25th and January 1st.
English and Spanish
Infants aged 2 and under go free. Children aged 3-11 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
Plaza Las Ventas, corner Street Alcalá, with Street Julio Camba. Exit Metro Ventas, Madrid, Spain